I am a PhD
student at the Artificial Intelligence
Group of The Australian National University (ANU) and a researcher at the Machine Learning
Research Group at National ICT of Australia
- Planning under uncertainty, Sequential Decision
Theory, Discrete and Continuous Optimization
representation and reasoning, Logic (higher-order and first-order) in AI,
Learning, Graphical models
working on exact solution methods to sequential decision
making in continuous domains. I use a symbolic approach on continuous
MDPs and POMDPs. My research is explained (non-mathematically!) here.
- Zamani Z., Sanner S., Delgado K.V., Nunes de Barros L., Exact
Symbolic Dynamic Programming for Continuous State and Action MDPs, Submitted
to Journal of Artificial Intelligence Reseach (JAIR).
- Sanner S., Zamani Z., Recent
advances in Symbolic Dynamic Programming for Hybrid MDPs and POMDPs, To appear in European Workshop on
Reinforcement Learning (EWRL11), Dagstuhl,Germany, August 2013.
- Zamani Z., Sanner S., Delgado K.V., Nunes de Barros L., Robust Optimization for Hybrid MDPs with State-dependent
Noise, To appear in International
Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI13), Beijing,
China August 2013.
- Zamani Z., Sanner S., Poupart P., Kersting K., Symbolic Dynamic
Programming for Continuous State and Observation POMDPs, In Proceedings of the 26th Annual
Conference on Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS-12),
Lake Tahoe, USA, 2012. [pdf][link]
- Zamani Z. , Sanner S., Fang C., “Symbolic Dynamic Programming for
Continuous State and Action MDPs”, In
Proceedings of the 26th conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-12),
Toronto, Canada, 2012. [pdf][link]
- Zamani Z., An agent architecture for
structured uncertain environments, Technical
report, AI group, ANU, 2010. [pdf]
- Zamani Z., HajiHosseini
A., Masoudinejad A., "Computational
Methodology for Analyzing, Modeling
and Controlling Gene Regulatory Networks", Biomedical Engineering and Computational
Biology Journal, October 2010. [pdf] [link]
- Zamani Z., Bayat M., Moeini
A., Motevallian A., "Context-Aware Payment
for Supply Chains: Software Architecture and Formal Verification", In Proceeding of World Congress on
Engineering, London, July 2008. [pdf] [link]
PhD in Artificial
Intelligence, Research School of Computer Science, The Australian National
University and NICTA (Sept 2009 – Nov 2013)
Thesis: Symbolic Sequential Decision
making in continuous Markov Decision Processes
Supervisors: Prof. John Lloyd, Dr.
Scott Sanner ,Dr. Kee Siong Ng.
Courses: Data mining algorithm, Machine Learning, Planning in AI.
Computer Engineering, Algorithms and Computation, University of Tehran, Tehran,
Iran. (2007-2009). GPA:18.5/20 Thesis 20/20
Thesis: A general Formal Multi-agent Framework for Supply Chains and Gene
Networks (20/20) GPA: 18.9 / 20.
Supervisor: Dr. M. Moeini
Courses: Optimization Algorithms, Computational complexity
theory, Distributed AI( Multi-agent systems), First-order
and Temporal Logic, Evolutionary computing, Algorithms for Bioinformatics.
Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Amirkabir
University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. (2001-2005).GPA: 15.92/20 Thesis :19.5/20
Thesis: Design and
Implementation of Patient Information Management
Software using the HL7 Standard
Work and Teaching Experience
- ANU Student Mentor for Computer Science PhD
- Artificial Intelligence Course (BS and MS)
Tutor and Lab Instructor, Computer Science and Information Technology
Department, ANU, 2011.
- Programming with C++ Tutor and Lab instructor,
School of Engineering, University of Tehran, 2008-2009.
- Differential Equations Tutor, School of
Engineering, University of Tehran, 2008
- .NET developer at
National TV (2008-2009) Analysis, Modelling and development of the archive
- Java developer for Iran Switch Management
- Software analyst and designer of the Fault
Localization and Correction system of project, 2005-2006
- UML Lecturer, Amirkabir
University, Tehran, Iran (2006)
Honors and Awards
- ANU Vice-Chancellor Travel Grant, 2011
- ANU-NICTA Tuition Scholarship, 2009.
- ANU-NICTA Supplementary Scholarship, 2009.
- ANU-NICTA PhD Admission, 2009.
- Ranked 1st in cumulative GPA among
M.Sc. students of the major 2007 Beginners, University of Tehran, 2007.
dot zamani AT anu.edu.au
, zahra dot zamani AT nicta.com.au
Office: 02 6267 6296
Address: PO Box 8001,
Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia