from: July 12th 2000 at 3:00pm
with: Matt, Chanop, Chris, Peter
Status of sub experiment software
Plan for sub control tests
Matt is waiting for Alex's approval for his casual work
appointment before beginning to port his
Camera Calibration software from Windows to VxWorks.
Chanop is debugging his Motion Controller module. The Telemetry
data needs to be expanded to record the experimental data.
Peter to test the leak detection and power disable software and
implement battery voltage monitoring software.
Chris requires a well defined software interface for thruster
control and sensor data before his Neuro Controller can be integrated
into the sub software.
The pre-dive checklist needs to be augmented with a checklist of
software initialisation steps. Specific questions and steps are:
- Is compass calibration required?
- Should the sub be tethered?
- Should the pan/tilt camera video be recorded during the wet test?
- List the items that have to be taken to the tank enclosure for the test.
Ascertain whether the battery pack is secure in the tube during
pitch and roll movement.
Add to the pre-dive checklist:
- Attach the PSU disable line from the processor rack to the battery
- Remove the top hook from the sub frame before leaving the lab.
- Ensure that the stereo cameras are in a safe position.
- Attach the top hook to the frame before lifting the sub.
- Ensure that the battery pack is charged (the pack shouldn't be
used below 20V).
- Route the fibre cable through a ring on the hoist chain and ensure
that it won't be damaged.
Next Meeting: 1500 Wednesday, July 19th
New Action Items
Peter to modify the Pre-dive checklist with discussed
Peter to create a shopping list for sub experiment in the
Harley to acquire a battery voltmeter for each pack and attach the
12V PSU switch line to the second pack.
Chanop to create a checklist and list of steps for the sub
Chanop to create a software interface document detailing the
thruster control and status messages.
Peter to ensure that the ethernet connection in the shed is
Past Action Items
Jordan to write instructions for modifying and re-constructing his source code.
Chanop to implement overflow detection in his MC68332 controller software.
Test the new leak fix in the bottom tube.
Chanop to develop safety software to avoid damaging the motor circuitry.
Some items to do:
Purchase vent for shed
Paint new cart
Robotics Project at the ANU Robotic Systems Laboratory
By Peter Brown, <email@example.com>