Quote for the Day
You've come to Doug Aberdeen's old pages. In 5 seconds you will taken to my new pages http://sml.nicta.com.au/~daa/
You know you are addicted to the Internet when...
- You kiss your girlfriend's home page.
- Your bookmark takes 15 minutes to scroll from top to bottom.
- Your eyeglasses have a web site burned in on them.
- All your daydreaming is preoccupied with getting a faster connection to the
net: 56k...ISDN...cable modem...T1...T3.
- And even your night dreams are in HTML.
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
pulled the plug on a loved one.
- You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.
- You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au.
- Your heart races faster and beats irregularly each time you see a new WWW
site address in print or on TV, even though you've never had heart problems
- You step out of your room and realize that your parents have moved and you
- don't have a clue when it happened.
- You turn on your intercom when leaving the room so you can hear if new
- Your wife drapes a blond wig over your monitor to remind you of what she
- All of your friends have an @ in their names.
- When looking at a pageful of someone else's links, you notice all of them
are already highlighted in purple.
- Your dog has its own home page.
- You can't call your mother...she doesn't have a modem.
- You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.
- Your phone bill comes to your doorstep in a box.
- You code your homework in HTML and give your instructor the URL.
- You don't know the sex of three of your closest friends, because they have
neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.
- Your husband tells you he's had the beard for 2 months.
- You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your e-mail
on the way back to bed.
- You tell the kids they can't use the computer because "Daddy's got work to
do" and you don't even have a job.
- You buy a Captain Kirk chair with a built-in keyboard and mouse.
- Your wife makes a new rule: "The computer cannot come to bed."
- You get a tatoo that says "This body best viewed with Netscape 2.01 or
- You never have to deal with busy signals when calling your ISP...because you
never log off.
- The last girl you picked up was only a jpeg.
- You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
your computer with a toilet.
- Your wife says communication is important in a marriage...so you buy another
computer and install a second phone line so the two of you can chat.
- As your car crashes through the guardrail on a mountain road, your first
instinct is to search for the "back" button.