My research is focused on computing human affects from image, videos, and sensors-data-analytics to improve mental health.
I am intensively focusing on developing machine learing algorithms and conducting novel physiological research. Specifically, I have been concentrated on analysing physiological sensors data to recognise human affective conditions using maching learning algorithms.
I am also working on extracting visual information, driving simulator and so on. Here is a link to my
Google Scholar page.
- Affective Computing: smile discrimination, stress detection, mental well-being, emotion recognition etc.
- Signal Processing: electrical (voltage, power etc.), physical, physiological (eye gaze, pupil dilation, ecg, gsr, bvp, eeg etc.) sensor data
- Machine Learning: modelling, optimization, feature selection, fusion, classification (neural networks, support vector machines, relevance vector machines, k-nearest neighbours, genetic algorithm etc.), ensemble etc.
- Pattern Recognition: correlation, rule discovery, prediction of time series etc.
I have been appointed as a Lecturer in University of Information Technology & Sciences (UITS), Dhaka, Bangladesh at 23 January 2012, and then appointed in EEE,
KUET from 10 June 2012 as a Lecturer. Now my job designation is an Assistant Professor in KUET. I was/am involved with different tutoring, project and thesis related work with other responsibilities.
I was the organising Committee member of International Conference on Electrical Information and Communication Technology (EICT-2013), KUET, Bangladesh.
- Lecturer (UITS): Electronics, Power System Analysis, Electrical Machines.
- Lecturer and Assistant Professor (KUET): Digital Electronics and Pulse Techniques, Microprocessors, Micro-controllers and Peripherals, Electronics,
Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuit Simulation and Laboratory, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Industrial Drives,
Basic Electrical Engineering, Power Plant Engineering, and so on. Syllabus Book
- Tutor (ANU): Engineering Innovation (Semester 2: 2015),
System Dynamics (Semester 2: 2015),
Computing for Engineering Simulation (Semester 1: 2016, 2017, 2018),
Systems Engineering Design (Semester 1: 2016),
Networked Information Systems (Semester 1: 2017, 2018),
Power Electronics (Semester 2: 2017, 2018),
Signal Processing (Semester 2: 2017),
Discrete-Time Signal Processing (Semester 1: 2018),
Programming for Scientists (Semester 2: 2018),
Embedded Systems and Real Time Digital Signal Processing (Semester 2: 2018)....
Education and Achievements
I am graduated in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from KUET, Khulna, Bangladesh and, recently doing PhD in the Research School of Computer Science at The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
- Office: Room N220, CS&IT Building,
- Phone: +61 2 612 59662
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Md Zakir Hossain, Research School of Computer Science, 108 North Road, The Australian National University, Acton, ACT 2601, Australia.