I am always looking for talented students.
I have a large list of projects that cross a range of research areas including programming languages, software engineering, computer architecture, and performance analysis. My projects tend to be demanding but rewarding. The projects often have strong links to industrial research (my current partners and sponsors include Intel, IBM, Google, and the Australian Research Council).
Like many academics I am inundated with requests, most of which are bulk mailings. In order to maximize the likelihood that I read your enquiry, please do the following.
- Make sure you understand what degree program you’re interested in.
- If you are interested in a PhD or MPhil, please start by reading our College’s student web page.
- If you are an ANU student interested in Honors, please understand the requirements for entry.
- Before you do anything more, please look at my research and publications to get a sense of my research directions. You can also look at my formally advertised student projects. Note that these projects are only indicative and are not and never will be exhaustive—in practice, most projects emerge from a discussion with myself and the student involved…
- If you’re still interested:
- If you’re interested in a PhD or MPhil, please complete our College’s self assessment and fill out our College’s pre-application expression of interest form and email it to me (with the words “PhD/MPhil Enquiry: ” at the start of the subject line), as well as mailing the address indicated on our College web page.
- If you’re an ANU student interested in Honors, please email me (with the words “Honors Enquiry: ” at the start of the subject line) and we’ll set up a time to talk.