pjbb2005 is a fixed-workload variant of the SPECjbb2005 Java benchmark. Fixing the workload to a constant amount of work (rather than a fixed period of time) makes the benchmark more manageable as a research tool.
To use pjbb2005, you will first need to license jbb2005 from SPEC.
Building and Running
- Download the pjbb patch
- Patch the SPECjbb2005 sources:
cd SPECjbb2005 chmod -R u+w src patch -p1 < ../pjbb2005-1.1.patch
- Build the suite:
java -cp build/dist/jbb.jar:build/dist/check.jar spec.jbb.JBBmain -propfile SPECjbb-8x50000.props -n 2
- Install the dist directory to the location of your choice:
cp -a build/dist <location of your choice>
- to run for a fixed number of transactions (rather than fixed time)
- to run a number of iterations of the benchmark (specified using the “-n” flag)
- to call a user-defined callback method at the start and end of each iteration (specified using the “-c” flag)
- to use a temporary directory for all generated output (so that the benchmark directory can be read-only)
- to allow the benchmark to be run from a directory other than the benchmark root