My full curriculum vitae is available as a PDF. Extracts related to my qualifications appear below.
Higher Education Details
|2012–2013||Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, Australian National University|
|2000–2005||Doctor of Philosophy (in Computer Science), Bond University
Thesis Title: Solution Biases and Pheromone Representation Selection in Ant Colony Optimisation
|1999||Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours), Bond University
Thesis Title: The Development of a Genetic Algorithm for the Design of a Telecommunication Network
Received First Class Honours
|1997–1998||Bachelor of Information Technology, Bond University
Awarded John Makepeace Bennett Medal for the highest overall achievement of a graduating student in 1998; GPA 4.0/4.0
- NASDS (Formerly FAUI) Open Water Diver since 1993 (diving since 1989)
- Marine Driver's Licence since 2001 (in Queensland until 2007, then Victorian Boat Licence)
- Amateur underwater photographer since January 2000
- Downhill skier since 1983
- Archery, since late 2009. I'm currently 2nd class and working my way up… slowly. I use an old but serviceable 36lb Hoyt recurve bow.