ENGN4627 - Robotics
Queries or Problems: contact Jason Chen
- 26/7: Extra tutorial session scheduled for 10-11am, on
Fridays prior to the assignment being due, in Ian Ross Seminar Room.
- 26/7: Assignment 1 out
- 27/7: Lego primer lab organised for 9-10am and 10-11am, Friday
5th August, Controls Lab, Engineering Building (9-10am lecture
cancelled). Form groups of three, and collect your lego from Padma prior
to the session. He will advise which session you need to attend.
- 9/8: Assignment 2 out
- 11/8: Lego Project - clarification of possible range of hole sizes and spacings in final board: here.
- 11/8: If you are not already a registred (with Padma) member of a lab group, please email me.
- 22/8: Assignment 3 out
- 25/8: Due date of Assignment 3 changed to 19th September to accomodate 4th year students re their Project Due date. Friday Tutorial session therefore moved from 26/8, 10am to 2/9, 10am. Monday tutorial still on 29/8, 4pm.
- 29/8: Assignment 3 - additional information for Question 2 is that L1 = 1m.
- 1/9: Lego project: new section of board with agreed hole sizes and spacings to be installed outside the controls lab next week. Remember, the competition will be held on the first Friday back after the 2-week break.
- 12/9: Lego project: new section of board is in!. Remember, the competition will be held on the first Friday back after the 2-week break.
- 12/9: Scorbot Lab: Lab handout and documentation out.
- 12/9: Scorbot Lab: Induction sessions for scorbot lab to be held on Mon, Tues, Wed 26, 27 and 28 Sept, 1-1:30pm in the Controls Lab. All members of each lab group must attend for the lab group's report to be marked! Only need to attend one of these sessions.
- 12/9: Scorbot Lab: The lab will be conducted in the same lab groups as for the lego project. Each group will be allowed a maximum of three 4 hour sessions on the robot. A morning and an afternoon session will be held on each day in the weeks starting 26 Sept, 4, 10 and 17 Oct. Please see Padma to book three sessions - a group cannot book more than 1 session in each week!
- 15/9: Lego Project: A number of requests have been made regarding the size restriction of the robot of 30cm. The idea of this limit was to prevent rows from being skipped, so I have changed the rule to be (a) no size restriction on robots, (b) no row of holes can be skipped during the climb, and (c) the robot finishes the course when it reaches the top row of holes, but it must finish in the top holes in the same configuration as it started in the bottom row of holes. This should not adversely affect anyone who was designing a robot within the spirit of the rules.
- 16/9: Assignment 4 out
- 21/9: Lego competion on Friday will start at 9.00am and end at 11.00am. There are 17 lab groups, so Group 1 (see the link on this page for your lab group number) will start at 9.00am, followed by each subsequent lab group in order. Groups who have not run their robot by 11.00am will not enter into the competition. Groups who miss their turn will be put to the end of the list.
- 16/9: Marker's email: Yueshi.Shen@anu.edu.au
- 26/9: Returned assignments not collected by students in class will be put in the filing cabinets near the hand-in boxes in Eng. building.
- 4/10: Assignment 6 cancelled. Hand-out and due dates of Assignment 5 delayed by 1 week. Hand-out date 10/10, due date 21/10.
- 5/10: Postgraduate and Summer scholar opportunities with CSIRO; details
- 6/10: No undergraduate tutorial on Monday 10/10. Transferred to be on Monday 17/10.
- 7/10: Assignment 5 out
- 7/10: Practice exam available
- 26/10: Assignment 5 handed back (into the filing cabinet in the engineering building). The 3 uncollected lego assignments put there also. Solution to Assignment 5 now on the web.